Last week ended with my realization that lwIP was not thread-safe, and me reading up on various ways to get around that.
Overwriting Files Continues
This week has been pretty uneventful. I wrote a function to shrink the allocation size of an attribute and another to migrate a resident attribute to non-resident. The former seems to be working, the latter still needs some work.
This past week started with me mindlessly chasing down memory bugs after having gotten WinDBG up and running. A particularly annoying bug involved an lwIP protocol control block being dereferenced by lwIP after it had been freed. I could not find a place in my drivere where I tried to use a dead PCB pointer, so I looked deeper. I did some stepping through of code, and read more of lwIP's source code.